Scottish ClubSport will highlight opportunities available from members and partners on this page and that promote the following areas;
- Increasing the diversity of volunteers. This is a key ambition nationally and locally.
- Introducing new skills and people to the club and sport environment. It is important to diversify knowledge and experience.
This page will be updated regularly, check back for new opportunities as they become available. Vacancies will also be advertised on the sportscotland jobs website and partner websites.
Clackmannanshire Sports Council
Position of; Volunteer Chairperson
Clackmannanshire Sports Council is one of the oldest constituted organisations in Clackmannanshire driving sport for our communities. The current chairperson is retiring from this position at the AGM on 18th May 2021. We are looking for someone to fill this position and support our affiliated clubs, coaches and volunteers as the country recovers from the impact of COVID 19. Those interested should contact the secretary with details of why we should consider you. The secretary will be in touch with next steps which will take the form of an interview.
Mobile 07812 607 425
The skills and commitments of the position are detailed as follows;
- The successful chairperson is accountable to the executive of the Clackmannanshire Sports Council.
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the contribution of sport and physical activity to individuals and communities
- Well organised and reliable
- Able to make a regular time commitment
- Able to make informed decisions when necessary
- Confidence in addressing small groups and keeping order during meetings
- Ensure committee decisions are compliant with the Clackmannanshire Council Service Level Agreement
- Oversee and guide all decisions taken by the executive committee and sub committees.
- Ensure meetings are run competently ie that each meeting has a clear purpose and is run according to agenda and the Service Level Agreement
- Ensure discussion and decision making is democratic and everyone is able to participate fully in meetings
- Hold the casting vote in the event of a split decision
- Liaise with the secretary on the agenda for each meeting and approve the minutes before they are circulated
- In conjunction with the secretary prepare and present an annual report
- Stay up to date with sportscotland and other relevant initiatives
- Liaise with the Treasurer to ensure that funds spent are transparent and in the best interests of the CSC and accountable to the SLA and the Council grant.
- If unable to attend any meeting ensure a suitable substitute is fully briefed and the secretary informed
Minimum of x5 CSC meetings per year ( including the Annual General Meeting ), attendance at the Annual Sports Award and relevant interim meetings with partners throughout the year as appropriate.
The departing chairperson will hand over details and relevant helpful information to the successful candidate.