Equality Standard for Sport
We were awarded Foundation Level in the Equality Standard for Sport in March 2018 (as SALSC). 2020/21 will see a review of this with the aim to achieve Preliminary Level.
This means our organisation met the 3 Outcome areas, these are:
- Your organisation demonstrates a clear commitment to equality.
- Your organisation has a policy for equality and this has been communicated.
- Your organisation is aware of its current profile and position in terms of equality.
We are committed to ensuring that equality is incorporated across all aspects of our work and development. In doing so, we acknowledge and adopt the following definition of sports equity:
- Sports equality is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address them
- We respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally and with respect within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, religious beliefs, sexuality or social/economic status
- We are committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse
- Our members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity
- We will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously, taking disciplinary action if necessary
- We expect all staff, volunteers, members and affiliated members to adopt our Equality statement
A copy of the current Equality Policy can be downloaded here.