Cambuslang and Rutherglen Sports Council
South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture supports the work of the four local Sports Councils within South Lanarkshire: Cambuslang and Rutherglen, Clydesdale, East Kilbride and Hamilton. The Sports Councils are primarily voluntary organisations with the main responsibility of promoting interest and participation in sport and organising events and championships within their local areas.
The day-to-day promotion of participation of sports is carried out by the Sports Council’s Executive Committee which is appointed yearly at the Sports Council’s Annual General Meeting.
Activities and projects:
* Coach Education Programmes
* Sports Development Projects
* District Championships
* Sports Tournaments for elite performers, youngsters, ladies, 50+ age category and senior citizens
* School of Coaching weekends at National Sports Centre
* Sportsperson’s Individual Grants
* Coach Education Grants
* International Sports Exchanges
* Company Sports Days
* Inter-district Sports Events