Lewis and Harris Sports Council
Lewis Sports Centre
Lewis and Harris Sports Council is an association of local sports clubs and organisations which works together with Comhairle Nan Eilean Siar and Western Isles Health Board to foster and develop sport in Lewis and Harris. The Sports Council operates through an Executive Committee, which is elected at the Annual General Meeting.
The Executive Committee of the Sports Council is made up of a truly representative cross-section of the wide variety of sporting interests in Lewis and Harris. These volunteers, alongside elected members and officers of Comhairle Nan Eilean Siar, Western Health Board and other bodies assist in the decision-making process and disburse available funds in a prudent manner.
The main objectives of the Sports Council are:
* To encourage co-operation and co-ordination between sports groups
* To assist in the formation of sports clubs
* To encourage school pupils and school leavers to participate in sport
* To promote or support competitions and sports events
* To promote sports coaching courses for young people
* To promote coach education courses
* To promote and encourage sporting links with the Uist and Barra Sports Council and other neighbouring sports councils