Lochaber Sports Association
Our immediate objectives are to
* Manage and disburse the Highland Council sports grants and awards.
* Facilitate the uptake of sport and physical activity by all sections of our community by supporting our affiliated clubs.
We are a community-led initiative, seeking to work locally – in partnership with the clubs and Highland Council and closely with Lochaber’s primary and secondary schools (through the Active Schools Co-ordinators), VAL and nationally – with sportscotland, Scottish ClubSport
We aim to support all Lochaber’s residents who wish to lead a healthy lifestyle through physical activity, and who would benefit from facilities catering for those who play organised sports, those who wish to keep generally fit, and those who need specialised training to support their chosen sport.
LSA membership is open to all Sports Clubs in the Lochaber area organising sports activities recognised by sportscotland and individuals, where no club caters for their sport in the area. Clubs and individuals must complete an Application Form
Annual renewal membership fees are due on 1st May.
The year runs from 1 May to 30 April.
New membership applications can be made at any time.
Fees for the current year are £40 for Club Membership and £15 for individuals.
Each club will nominate an LSA liaison officer to
* Disseminate LSA information to club members
* Bring relevant issues to the attention of the club committee
* Raise club concerns with LSA
* Share information via LSA that might help other clubs