South Ayrshire Sports Council promotes and develops an interest and participation in amateur sport within the district. We provide financial assistance to affiliated individuals and sports clubs. We promote and support competitions, championships, coaching courses, and the improvement of personal performance.
Benefits of Affiliation:
* Access to financial support for individuals to improve personal performance.
* Access to financial support for individuals to gain National Governing Body coaching qualifications or officiating/ umpiring awards.
* Assistance and access to sponsorship for clubs to organise events, coaching courses, sports festivals and other promotional events, i.e. ‘come & try’ sessions
* Advice on other sources of funding available to individuals and clubs
* Advice on preparation of applications to other funding bodies
* Club information in annually produced Sports Directory, which details all the clubs affiliated to SASC and on our website
* Annual Sports Awards for Sports Personality & Junior Sports Personality, Team & Junior Team of Year, Sports Volunteer & Coach of the Year and Local Service to Sport and new Coaching Award categories in conjunction with sportscotland.
* Topical news or information from SALSC, the Scottish Executive, sportscotland and Child Protection in Sport.
* Links to the West Region and South West Regional Partnership
* Assistance with forging links with other clubs in the area
* Advice on the production and monitoring of club development plans
* Advice on the production of club constitutions
* Advice and guidance on developing links with South Ayrshire Council
* Information on available sports facilities in the area
* Assistance with getting new clubs established