Uist and Barra
The core aims of Uist and Barra Sports Council are:
* To promote and raise awareness of sport locally, regionally and nationally.
* To provide support for member organisations through the provision of funding, school links and partnership working.
* To seek additional funding from external bodies whenever possible and appropriate.
* Enhance the capacity of clubs by assisting with coach development and implementing the Club Accreditation Scheme.
* Work in partnership with the Western Isles Island Games Association to enhance the performance of the Western Isles team at the NatWest Island Games and to increase the range of sports represented.